One of the things I love about using the classical method of Thomas Jefferson Education is that it not only gives me permission to study, but it encourages me to as a way to set an example for my kids.
Lately, I’ve been inspired to study why our society is the way it is at this present time. I’ve watched documentaries, read books, and studied history.
One of the big things I’ve learned is that the government is more involved in my life than I thought. I think they want us to be ignorant of this by design, even though just about everything they’re doing is transparent. If you look you can find it. It’s not behind closed doors or a curtain.
I knew they had a lot of control, but I had no idea how much. But why? What is their agenda?
What I Recommend
1) I am reading the Fourth Turning by William Strauss and Neil Howe. In their book, they talk about how our world’s timeline, especially for Europe and the United States is not linear. It is spiral. There are seasons, or turnings, that repeat with a slightly different flavor. While it was written in the 1990s, and published in 1997, they have accurately predicted many of the things we are experiencing right now.
So far, I think this is a good book, but it isn’t an easy read. I’ve had to look up a lot of different things as I read to gain a deeper understanding. For instance, I wasn’t familiar with Jainism and some other vocabulary. But I can totally see where they are going with this and it isn’t hard to swallow.
2) I watched AGENDA: Grinding America Down with my husband and my 12 year old son. I knew that I had bought into propaganda about guns, such as “people who used guns against home invaders usually get killed by their own weapon.” So I never armed myself or my family- now that US and local congressmen are writing and passing laws that are preventing 2nd Amendment rights, I regret that decision. But, that’s a totally different story. In Agenda, I learned just how deep the Socialist and Communist parties have reached and how it is affecting us.
3) I watched Farmageddon on Netflix and learned that the government unlawfully destroys the little farmer’s livelihood by destroying uncontaminated farm equipment, produce, and livestock in order to support the big farming industry.
4) I bought Obama 2016 on Amazon.com to figure out how our President thinks. Why is he doing what he is doing? What does he hope to accomplish and what is in it for him?
5) I watched video testimonies like these:
Let Freedom Ring June 28 2011 Kitty Werthmann
6) I am also taking the course by Oliver DeMille called Current Events, Trends and Cycles of History.
Of course, this is not all there is out there and I take it all with a grain of salt, but the information presented in these books and documentaries resonates familiar.
Homeschooling is under attack because members of the political parties would rather have all of our children in a government run schools for the simple reason that they want to control our education, and thus influence the way our children think to fulfill their agendas. If they can turn the kids away from their parents and religious leaders, they have gained significant control.
I remember watching movies in school that taught us how wonderful the USSR was because it liberated its women. They could go out of the home and work hard. The government took care of their children right after birth until they were in school, when they entered a government run school. It freed up women’s time to accomplish something. I just heard that OUR government is trying to require preschool for all children.
Do you remember your time in school, if you went? How much of it was providing an education and how much of it was indoctrination?
While I haven’t found my personal “mission” to prevent things from getting worse. I think personal awareness is a start, followed by getting the word out there. We need to take a stand. We need to write our congress people and pressure them. The organized minority will get their way so long as the majority is unorganized.
I don’t normally discuss politics in open or closed forums. However, I think it is time for us to wake up and do something that is morally inline with who we are and what we know is right. Then, find others who think similarly and stand together.
As the famous song goes: All it takes is one voice . . .
*note: none of the above links are affiliate links and I’m not making a dime, let alone a penny!